The Board of Trustees is the highest organ of governance, administration and representation of the IDIAP Jordi Gol.
The functions of the Board of Trustees are:
- To ensure compliance with the aims of the entity.
- To accept its own research projects and projects from external programmes with a contents in agreement with the aims of the entity.
- To approve the general plan of action of the IDIAP Jordi Gol, the programme of activities, costs and sources of funding proposed by the management.
- To approve the yearly budget of the IDIAP Jordi Gol.
- To approve the compulsory yearly reports, inventories, balance and statements of accounts.
- To dictate, if necessary, a Code of Internal Regulations.
- When appropriate, to modify the Statutes and any other regulations of the IDIAP Jordi Gol i Gurina Foundation, in accordance with the Law.
- To arbitrate on contended issues in agreement with the interests and goals of the IDIAP Jordi Gol i Gurina Foundation.
The Board of Trustees appoints and determines the administrative and representative functions of the Executive Committee.
The functions of the Executive Committee are:
- To create and approve proposals of research and training within the IDIAP Jordi Gol.
- To allocate resources to research and training programmes.
- To decide and authorise projects that will use investment and the technical and administrative facilities of the organization in accordance with the priorities and interests of the IDIAP.
- To recruit staff and modify labour relations within the IDIAP Jordi Gol i Gurina Foundation.
- To execute and ensure the implementation of the agreements of the Board of Trustees related to the matters of their competence and any other delegated to the Committee.